Explore Inishowen this Summer on your Staycation
We've complied a Green List below of some of the fantastic places to see and things to do around Inishowen for your convience to ensure you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime...
1. Malin Head - Explore the most northerly point in Ireland and home of the annual May the 4th Star Wars Festival
2. Grianan of Aileach – Enjoy spectacular 360 degree views over Lough Swilly & the Inishowen Peninsula from this historical ring fort
3. Glenevin Waterfall – Nestled on the outskirts of Clonmany, take a picnic and visit this stunning 30ft waterfall
4. Amazing Grace Country – Learn the story of John Newton who took refuge in Lough Swilly and went on to pen one of the most famous songs of all time – “Amazing Grace”
5. The Gap of Mamore - The Gap of Mamore is a pass in the Urris Hills and for a long time the narrow road has been the only connection between Urris and Buncrana. Right after passing the highest point (a steep drive up the hill) an incredible panorama presents itself. Take in the fantastic views on a challenging but extremely rewarding hike on the Urris Lake Loop
6. Solas Ireland Walks & Hikes - If a hike sounds like something for you, why not take a guided trip through the Urris Hills or a Bog Safari allowing you to take in the breathtaking scenery and learn some local history from the fantastic guides!
8. Wild Ireland – A must see for families! Visit the Bears, Wolves, Monkeys and more at this fabulous animal sanctuary
9. Wild Alpaca Way – Explore the hills of Donegal with Alpacas to guide you and enjoy the stunning views
10. Doagh Famine Village – Take a step back in time and listen to the story of Irish life from the Great Famine of the 1840s through until the present day.
11. Fort Dunree Military Museum – Uncover the history of the Fort in the Military Museum and take in the spectacular natural surroundings & wildlife
12. Golf – With a stunning array of top class courses surrounded by spectacular scenery, Inishowen is a golfers paradise. Home to the Ballyliffin Golf course, host of the 2018 Dubai Duty Free Irish open as well as 3 links courses and a parkland course we have a course to suit golfers of all levels.
13. Inish Adventures – Enjoy a fun filled day out with over 20 land & sea activities to choose from including the all new Adventure Waterpark!
14. Boat Tours – Charter a boat and take in everything Inishowen has to offer by sea. You may even spot some dolphins…
15. Inishowen Surf School – Take a surf lesson with an experienced coach and ride the waves on one of Inishowens beautiful beaches
16. Donegal Climbing – A unique opportunity to explore Inishowen on a rock climbing/mountaineering adventure
17. Halfway Karting – Test your skills on the track with top of the range racing cart and experience a thrill like no other!
18. Inishowen Maritime Museum & Planetarium – Situated over looking Greencastle Harbour, the Inishowen Maritime Museum has an extensive collection of artefacts, exhibitions and memorabilia of all things maritime. The state-of-the-art full-dome digital theatre runs 5 shows each day. As well as astronomy based shows they also offer shows on prehistoric sea monsters, global climate and kids’ favourite – Enchanted Reef. Children’s shows are suitable from 4yrs.
Book your Staycation with us today! See here
353 (0) 7493 61005