- In line with the recent Government announcement, the Lake of Shadows Hotel will close to the public until 28th October.
- We will be offering a takeaway service for food from 9am - 8pm daily. All orders must be paid for over the phone prior to collection as no cash payments will be accepted. Our Takeaway Menu can be viewed here.
- Accommodation services will remain open midweek (Sun - Thurs) for corporate guests travelling for work or people travelling for essential reasons only. Please contact the hotel directly to book.
- To place a takeaway order, please call +353 74 93 61005. Please email email@example.com for any additional queries.
- The health and safety of our customers & our staff is our priority and we hope to see you all again soon.
- Face coverings should be worn in all public areas of the Hotel.
- We are currently accepting overseas visitors from the countries included on the recently announced green list without quarantine.
- Any overseas guests who have been in Ireland and have quarantined, will be asked to provide proof of this. This can be in the form of an airline/ferry ticket or invoice from their place of quarantine. If overseas guests arrive without proof we will not be able to facilitate their stay.
Hotel Reopening Update 17/07/2020
We are delighted to announce that the Lake of Shadows Hotel has now reopened for food. We will be serving our breakfast, lunch & barfood menus daily.
The health & safety of our clients is our priority and we have been working hard behind the scenes to implement the detailed safety protocols set out by the Government to ensure the safety of our staff and valued customers for when we reopen.
The Hotel will reopen for accommodation bookings from Monday, 20th July.
CHANGES TO PROCEDURES AND SERVICES
During the past few months of closure we have been busy preparing our hotel for the new normal operations of our hotel. We have made a number of changes which we would like our guests and non-residents to be aware of prior to arrival to avoid any surprises and any potential requests made of them during their stay.
We have followed the government guidelines on the changes we have made and have adhered to guidelines set out by Fáilte Ireland.
Please note that there have been many more changes made behind the scenes that you will not be aware of, what is listed here is only the information we feel guests would need to know.
Health & Safety
- On arrival all guests are asked to use the hand disinfection station in the hotel lobby.
- Hand disinfection stations will be placed throughout the hotel for guests to use and are asked to use these regularly.
- The hotel has been marked with foot marks and the bar will operate a one way system.
- The floor markings have been measured out to adhere to the 2m distance between guests not in the same family or alternatively, 1m between tables with a time limit of 105 minutes in place.
- There will be ongoing deep cleaning of the main touchpoints throughout the hotel including, but not limited to, door handles, reception desk, public areas and lifts.
- We are providing our staff with the necessary PPE and will adhere to government guidelines on its use.
- Training of staff will be ongoing as guidelines change/are amended in line with the lockdown being lifted.
- Children are not permitted to be in the hotel without parental supervision at all times. Any children found unsupervised will be returned to their parents and we ask for parents cooperation on this issue. This includes hotel public areas, bedroom corridors and dining areas.
- Children are not permitted in the bar after 10pm (May - Sept) & 9pm (Oct - Apr).
- Due to guidelines it is necessary going forward to retain guest information for contact tracing purposes.
Changes to Procedures and Services
- All guests will be asked to prepay for their stay before arrival which will mean payment by card to limit the contact with staff at the reception desk. Pre-payment can be done at time of booking or the day before arrival.
- Check-out time has been revised to 11:30am and check-in time is 4pm. Due to the increase room turnaround times we cannot guarantee a 4pm check in time so please be patient with us.
- No late check-out or early check-in service can be provided until further notice.
- Due to our dedication to ensuring our guests are completely at ease with the cleanliness of our bedrooms we have introduced a new cleaning regime. This does impact on the length of time it takes to clean a bedroom but we do believe it will only add to our guest reassurance.
- Your bedroom upon arrival will have a seal on the door to reassure you that your bedroom has been serviced to our new standard and no one will have accessed your room after the housekeeping have serviced it. The guest will break the seal themselves.
- Due to our new Seal of Cleanliness on your door, room moves will be restricted.
- Please ensure any requests have been made prior to check-in time if you require any of the following in order to enjoy your stay as we may not be able to offer a room move:
• Disabled access room
• Room with walk in shower
• Camp bed or cot for children and babies
• Family Rooms (please note only limited family rooms are available and unless booked at time of reservation can not be guaranteed)
• Room near lift
- The use of card for payments throughout the hotel is requested. Room charges cannot be offered at this time.
- Table service will be mandatory during your stay. We will be not able to offer bar counter service at the moment due to government advice. Seating at the bar has been removed. This includes Breakfast service.
- As a guest you will be asked to use the facilities in your room and not in the public areas.
- Room service will not be offered to rooms staying less than three nights. Clean towels will be available on request.
- We ask that only families use the lift together and guests do not share lifts with other guests.
General Public Reservations for Barfood and Restaurant
- For food service for non-residents we ask that a reservation is made to ensure availability. The numbers we can cater for have been reduced to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Tables will be allocated based on social distancing guidelines so you may be placed in our Bar, Bistro area or our Function Suite for dining.
- Government guidelines request a time limit on tables in order for turnaround and adequate time for cleaning and avoiding other customers as much as possible. A 1 hour and 45 minute time allowance per booking for non-residents will be allowed with a further 15 minutes for cleaning and the exiting and entrance of customers.
- All food service now will be table service until further notice.
Covid 19 Related Procedures
- If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 as outlined by the HSE to include high temperature, cough and or shortness of breath, then you are asked not to come into the hotel. This is expected of hotel guests and non-residents.
- If you have recently travelled from abroad then please follow the government guidelines and self-quarantine for 14 days before arranging a stay with us in order to fully respect the health and safety of other guests in our care and our staff.
- If, during your stay with us, you show any symptoms of Covid-19 then you are asked to immediately self-isolate in your room and contact reception on your phone. Do not go into any public areas or approach reception in person. Our designated Covid-19 lead staff member will guide you through our emergency response protocol.
- The above changes have been introduced for the health and safety of our guests. As we adjust to this new normal, your comfort throughout your stay is still also our priority.
Changes to the above procedures and services will happen as lockdown eases and the rules relax so when your date of arrival is due some of the above measures may no longer be in place. If you are concerned then please contact us here at the hotel to discuss with a member of our team.
353 (0) 7493 61005